Saturday, January 20, 2018

Young Guns

First of all I am bringing this blog back from the dead and will try to post more regularly. The combination of being busy and building up my Spartan collection caused me to neglect this page.  My collecton is up to my satisfaction to write about and will do so with some of my recent acquisitions and plus other Spartan stuff.  OK. done with that and now back to the regular scheduled programming- Young Guns.

No, I am not talking about the old western movies from the late 80s. I am referring to the popular rookie cards from the Upper Deck hockey sets.

I finally picked up the 2002/03 Ryan Miller Young Guns rookie card last week from Ebay. Sometimes I can put the pro in procrastination. This Miller rc now completes my Young Gun Spartan collection.  Here are all 14 of them:


Before they became the popular short printed ones, there was a Kip Miller from 90/91 Upper Deck and Rem Murray from the 1996/97 Collector's Choice set.

And here are the rest of them in chronological order:




Adam Hall (2002-03)   Andrew Hutchinson (03/04)






John-Michael Liles (03/04)   Brad Fast (04/05)






Duncan Keith and Jim Slater (05/06)








David Booth (06/07) Drew Miller (07/08)







Justin Abdelkader (08/09)  Corey Tropp (2011/12)




Torey Krug (12/13)

The MSU hockey program has been down over the last decade and the lack of NHLers produced over that time is evident.  Here is to hoping with the new coach, more NHL players are produced at MSU and more Young Guns.





















No comments:

Post a Comment