Saturday, January 27, 2018

Tied With Bear

Earlier this January, Alabama head coach Nick Saban won his sixth national championship tying him with the legendary Paul "Bear" Bryant.   Saban, of course, is a former head coach of Michigan State.  His tenure was from 1995-99 and during that time I was able to get his autograph during one of the "Meet the Spartans" events.


I have mentioned to friends that I have Saban's auto before and their usual response is to burn it.  I don't have the hatred for Saban as most Spartan fans posses.  I am a positive man and try to remember the good things that Saban did at MSU.   He was the defensive coordinator for the 1988 Rose Bowl champion team.  He did have some big wins at MSU including beating #1 Ohio State in Columbus.  He also once hired Mark Dantonio as a defensive back coach.

As for cards, these are the only two cards of Saban I have in my collection.


2005 Bowman gold card and 2013 Allen & Ginter card from Topps's baseball card set.

No comments:

Post a Comment