Thursday, February 22, 2018

Direct from Germany

As the 2018 winter Olympics approached, I was intrigued in who will be on the hockey rosters.  Will there be any Spartans.  On New Year's Day, the United States roster was announced and Jim Slater is an Olympian.  Woohoo!!

Roughly a week later, I read that Brock Radunske will be playing for the host South Korean team. What?!!!  Evidently, Radunske has been playing in a professional league in South Korea for the last number of years.  He and few other Canadian hockey players who have been playing in South Korea obtained Korean citizenship and are allowed to play for South Korea in the Olympics.

Unlike Slater, I don't have a Radunske card. Does he have a card? After discussing with a collecting friend of mine, I learned he has a card from 2007-08 when he played in Germany.  Now time to find one.  Checked Ebay. nope. COMC.com? nope.  So Google is next. searching for shops and/or collectors who has German cards available.  Found a dealer in Germany and ordered one.  It arrived yesterday....
2007-08 German DEL

Slater and Radunske are the 17th and 18th different Spartan to a part of Olympic hockey.  I have cards of 16 of them (the other 2 don't own any cards).

Also, Radunske is 108th Spartan in my hockey collection.  He is placed between Corey Potter and Mike Ratchuk in my binders.


No comments:

Post a Comment